Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Payton's Birthday Poem

The folks say they can't believe how time has flown
But what perplexes me, quite profoundly
Is the speed at which I've grown

When I first arrived here I could only make
A crying noise that was hard to get used to
Whereas now I'm a champion at cooing and babbling
Have you heard my "Are You Sick?" response.

Everyday is exciting, I just keep learning
Did you know that a cow once jumped over the moon?
And what a shock I got when I first clocked
Myself in the back of my head with  a spoon.


I'm only one, but I'll soon be two
And guess what I've got planned
To have Mommy, Daddy, Papa, Auntie & Meme,
Right in the palm of my hand.


Gonna close for now for I hear them coming this way
They seem to like  my nap time best.
I must let them think I'm still sleeping.
Bless! ..it seems to make them ever so happy

Love Payton
PS: Thanks for all the birthday wishes.