Monday, September 06, 2010

He's Here



Hello everyone!I have neglected blogging lately though it was not intentional. I must say it was
due to sheer business.

 First, Kerrie, Jerry, and Baby Payton made it safely back home a couple weeks ago.  They are living with us right now and it's a little tight, but we're making do.  Jerry has found a job, though it's not exactly what he wanted.  It will do for now.  Kerrie is looking for work, but hoping for something when Jerry is available for childcare.  , Baby Payton is growing like a weed!!!  Is is up to 10 pounds now. Wow!  He is definitely out of the little preemie outfits.  

Next, the school year has started and that is always extremely busy for me. I absolutely love my class this year.  They are a super sweet group of students.  We have started a class blog and the students are going to start posting on it this week.  I will be putting a link on this blog to get you over there.  That way you can take a peek at what we're learning in 4th grade.   The students named their blog The Pencil Pushers, which I thought was very creative and hilarious at the same time.  We have just finished our science unit on the scientific method and process skills.  They loved the gummy worm experiment.  I bet they will be posting about it very soon.  Don't forget to hop over and check it out!  We'd love to hear from you.
 

After I teach school all day at Wellford, I mean like 12 hour days, then I head over to Converge College where I am in administrator's Academy.  Last week was my 1st  week in class and I know I love school and a good challenge, but I was really excited about it!  I think my classes are going to be very interesting.  I will admit that I am having to change the way I think about certain things to begin to think like an administrator. My hope is that I can begin to think as an administrator now while I'm still a teacher, so that if an opportunity ever comes up I will remember what is was like to be a teacher first!  On assignment that I'm already excited about an beginning to work on is...I have to read a book on a current issue or philosophy in education today and write a summary and my views in agreement with or opposing the views presented in the text.  I have been waiting on a good excuse to read a book called Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire: The Methods and Madness Inside Room 56 by Rafe Esquith.  I'll let you know what I think in a couple weeks.  Wish me luck on this latest venture.......So, that's an update for now, more to come later!!!
Enjoy the Journey, Auntie Ashley

1 comment:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd